Head of innovation & design
In our daily lives we are constantly further away from nature. elho wants to do something about this. We inspire people to bring more nature into people’s daily lives. We are proud to be a leader in the synthetic pottery market with more than 55 years of experience that make you and nature happy.
Nature starts with plants, and a plant begins with a pot. And that pot? We take that pot very seriously. Our Dutch designers create the most beautiful pots in line with the latest color and design trends. They are constantly looking for new possibilities and smart solutions, so you can surround yourself with nature with as little effort as possible.
To further sharpen and set our future with our Dutch elho design, we are looking for a head of innovation & design. Are you the one with a passion for design and innovation that will help us grow and bring more green in our daily lives in line with our purpose
What can you specifically expect in this role?
- define & implement strategic direction for innovation at elho group (3 yrs innovation road map for the different labels) and bring the innovation & design team professionally to the next level
- facilitate ideation > ensure enough ideas entering the innovation pipeline (by bringing in him/herself & by others)
- responsible to deliver each year the innovations on time in full (concrete products launched in the market place)
- steer & keep alive our innovation communities (some still to be set-up)lead long-term consumer research (insights, platforms, drivers)
- keep close eye on competition from a creative point of view (fit with and need in our portfolio)
- creates innovations with real impact (meaning impact in the broadest sense: financially attractive, opening a real new segment and/or driving brand preference significantly)
- lead the team of designers, the innovation manager and the innovation process manager
- manage & closely work with Innovation process manager to ensure execution & timing
- closely working together with the marketing manager and other disciplines (e.g. production/finance/product management)
- stay connected with design world and trends, also with the help of experts/design hunter
- affinity with – curious approach towards new raw materials/production method approaches, smart technology etc.
- oversee product development budget (including mould)
- report to CCO and connect creative part of innovation team & process with the board
What do you bring on this adventure?
- University level / HBO, 10+ years working experience
- (Senior) Management experience
- 10+ years working experience in the area of innovation-product development and great track record (e.g. in consumer goods or home living/deco industry)
- Experience in working with designers and/or synthetic product development (injection/blow molding products) is a plus
- Very international mind set / preferably Dutch or international living in the Netherlands
- Experienced in and able to engage with a multidisciplinary team and external partners
- Can easily work on strategic and operational level
- Commercial & creative mind, affinity with design
- Curious, result driven, entrepreneurial
- Challenging the status quo and brings new ideas on the table
- Excellent communication skills and relationship builders, moves easily between stakeholders (internal and external) and creates a high performing team. Team player with clear external focus.
- Excellent command of the English language (in word and writing)
- You recognize yourself in the elho values: always forward, beauty, entrepreneurship, meaningful, cooperative and supportive.
What do we offer?
- a varied, full-time job within an enthusiastic team within an international environment;
- you work for the elho group with multiple labels. You will be given the freedom and opportunity to make your mark on the further development of the innovation & design team and elho's culture and growth. In our green work environment there is also room for your personal growth;
- a competitive salary and a nice staff discount;
- 26 vacation days, holiday pay, pension and a discount on your medical expenses;
- in addition, the possibility to exchange a working day to get started for a good cause;
- working for the most sustainable company in the category. And we are proud of that! A large part of our collection is already made from recycled material and our production runs on wind energy from our own wind turbine;
- a delicious fresh lunch every day in our modern, green inspiring office in Tilburg. The honey from our bees is delicious :) and enjoy the herbs you can pick from our breeding tables!
elho group is a family business with over 55 years of experience in the development, production, marketing and sales of plastic pottery and related articles. By constantly improving ourselves and our products, we have become the market leader in Europe and a major player in the world.
Our products are sold under different labels in more than 75 countries. We strive to surprise the consumer time and again with cheerful, functional and creative products that continue to inspire and make the house or garden even more cozy. Our goal is to help people connect with nature with beautiful, practical and innovative products, so that everyone can bring nature in their daily lives. We want to be the best in the world. elho products therefore consist of more than 70% recycled material and we use 100% wind energy from our own wind turbine.
With a passionate team of more than 200 colleagues, we are working on further growth in a very open culture. Our culture builds on a pronounced purpose; "Bring today's nature into people's daily lives". Strong cultural values support this purpose internally. A high level of performance goes hand in hand with creating a pleasant working environment and a successful future.
Checking in on this trip?
Are you interested and inspired? Send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.