Elho runs on wind power
After more than 8 years of preparation the moment was there; the construction of elho’s own wind turbine started on 22 October 2015. On this day the first concrete pile was driven into the ground. The construction took more than 7 months. Late August 2016, the windmill was officially put into operation. Since that moment elho is completely self-sufficient when it comes to energy. The wind turbine’s sustainable energy is directly used in the complete production process of elho products and contributes substantially to elho’s sustainable energy targets.
- The wind turbine’s rotor is situated at a height of 75 metres, the blades are 50 metres long and the total height is 125 metres.
- The tips of the blades can move at a maximum speed of 75 metres per second, or in other words 270 km/hour!
- The 2,5 MW (megawatt) turbine can generate 2500 kWh per hour at full speed. Taking the wind strength and direction at elho’s location into account, the turbine will generate approximately 5.5 million kWh each year.
- The environmental impact caused by the production of the wind turbine will be compensated by the production of sustainable energy within 6 months.
- There are more than 2000 wind turbines in the Netherlands. One stands proudly on the grounds of elho!
- elho has won several awards in the field of sustainable business. In 2012, elho won the MVO Tilburg, something we’re very proud of!